Apply for a CCLP Summer 2021 virtual internship in Chicago, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C.
The ILS Cross Cultural Leadership Program is an extraordinary opportunity for you to immerse yourself in a lively Latinx community this summer! Open to all First Years, Sophomores, and Juniors in all programs and majors, the program is offered at no cost to ND students. Applications are due Monday, February 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The Institute for Latino Studies has offered the Cross-Cultural Leadership Program (CCLP) since 2006. CCLP engages students in real-world applications of their academic studies through summer service-learning in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. Students in this three-credit course will be immersed, by volunteering full-time in a community-based organization and/or national agency that addresses U.S. Latino community issues. Students will engage in critical study related to their service learning in a class led by ILS Director and Professor of Political Science Luis R. Fraga.
- 8 week virtual placement (approx. 32 hours per week) in a community based organization.
- 3 credit Latino Studies course in the summer (credits/registration applied in the Fall).
- Opportunity to build a professional network with fellow ND students.
- Weekly meet-ups with ILS professor and mentorship by an ND alumnus.
- Earn a $2,500 scholarship upon successful completion of the course and internship duties.
- The program dates are Tuesday, June 1 - Friday, July 23, 2021.
For additional information visit the ILS website, or contact ILS Associate Director Paloma Garcia-Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is also available to meet with students on Mondays and Fridays, click this link to schedule an appointment.